Pregnancy is the period when the body of a woman undergoes a radical transformation. It is the time when a woman has craving for a wide variety of food. But it is imperative that you must know which foods to avoid and what to eat during the first trimester of your pregnancy. Proper diet is necessary during the entire pregnancy period but during the first trimester, it is crucial to provide proper nutrition to the growing fetus. During the first trimester, a balanced diet is important; foods high in protein, folic acid, iron, calcium, and omega should in your diet plan. The best thing is to follow the diet plan created by Dr. Garima Tyagi, professional Gynecologist in Indirapuram. She recommends a healthy diet plan for women on their trimester pregnancy period. Take Three Meals a Day
Morning sickness is an obvious thing every woman more or fewer experiences. This morning sickness must not create any obstacle in consuming healthy foods. To deal with nausea, banana can do magic. It is an amazing source of Vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Eating meals thrice a day during the first trimester supplies adequate nutrition to the body. The meals must comprise of vegetables, fruit, low-fat dairy product, whole grain, and animal protein. You must not skip your meals during the scheduled period.
There are certain foods which you must eat regularly during the first trimester. Let’s take a look at the list of foods and how it works:
- Spinach: green leafy vegetables rich in folate, manganese, fiber, iron and vitamin A, C & K. During the early months of pregnancy adequate supply of folate is required to avert neutral tube imperfection of the fetus. You can add a handful of spinach in the scrambled egg, or you can even combine it with vegetables to gain more protein and vitamin.
- Beans: An outstanding source of fiber and protein. During pregnancy, beans help in dealing with constipation. Moreover, adding beans in trimester diet will also help in developing muscles and tissues of the baby. You can make Lentil soup and also add them on salads or burgers.
- Red bell peppers: red bell peppers are rich in vitamin C. It is vitamin C which is accountable for the development as well as the repair of tissues in the body of a pregnant woman. So, add red bell peppers to your salad regularly.
- Nuts: Nuts are known for protein value which is really helpful in the growth of the baby. Moreover, it also helps in adding protein in pregnant women. To consume nuts, soak them overnight to consume the next day. You can even add cereal, ice cream or yogurt.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is great to include in the diet. It contains calcium and vitamins D, highly essential for bone development of the baby. It will also help the pregnant women to have a healthy diet plan. You can add yogurt to mixed fruits. Also, you can freeze it and mix it with chocolate chips.