Getting pregnant is a crucial stage in the life of women. The lifestyle and the environment of a mother can have lasting consequences on the health of the baby.
Dr. Garima Tyagi a senior Gynecologist in Ghaziabad, suggests following advises for the pregnant women in order to ensure healthy pregnancy:
- Eating small meals and taking plenty of water throughout the day will help in maintaining the energy and strength for the pregnant women.
- Exercises such as walking, jogging and swimming, are known for stimulating the heart and lungs as well as muscle and joint activity. Doing regular exercises will improve the blood circulation and also increase the muscle tone and strength.
- Pregnant women are advised to choose healthy lifestyle as it directly impacts the health of a growing fetus. Taking plenty of rest, healthy food, use of hand sanitizer etc. will ensure good health.
- It is also recommended to cut out bad habits like smoking and drinking alcohol to avoid serious complications and risks for both mother and baby. Heavy drinking during pregnancy can have severe effects like miscarriage, premature labor and delivery etc.
- Pregnant women are more susceptible to certain infectious diseases. They are advised to visit doctor regarding treatments and avoid self medication.
- Taking prenatal vitamins, calcium and iron supplement can provide the extra nutrition that the developing fetus needs. Folic acid is considered crucial for the proper development of the baby’s neural tube and it should be taken for the creation of new red blood cells.
In order to avoid the risk of health complications during pregnancy, these steps should be taken to give birth to a healthy baby.